Workers Compensation

Urgent Care located in Humble, TX

Workers Compensation services offered in Humble, TX

If you sustained an injury or work-related medical condition on the job, you may be entitled to workers’ compensation. Calvary Urgent Care evaluates and treats patients with workers’ compensation claims at their Humble, Texas, location. For professional medical treatment throughout your workers’ compensation process, you can book an appointment online, over the phone, or walk in whenever the clinic is open.

Workers Compensation Q&A

What is workers’ compensation?

Workers’ compensation, or workers’ comp, is a kind of insurance that provides benefits to employees who get injured at work or develop a disease related to their occupation. If you develop a work-related injury or illness, workers’ compensation insurance may reimburse you for lost wages and medical expenses. 

When you file a workers’ compensation claim, you need an accurate diagnosis and proper evaluation from a medical professional. The team at Calvary Urgent Care provides timely and professional evaluation and treatment of all types of workers’ comp claims. 

What are common workplace injuries and occupational diseases?

Various occupations present different types of occupational hazards. Depending on your job, you may be at risk for a range of illnesses and injuries:


Common injuries that occur at work include:

  • Motor vehicle accident injuries, such as whiplash
  • Overexertion injuries, such as muscle strain
  • Slip and fall injuries, such as fractures and sprains
  • Repetitive motion injuries, such as carpal tunnel syndrome

Being hit by objects that fall from high shelves or are dropped from a ladder can also cause injuries, such as concussions.


If your job exposes you to harmful chemicals, toxic substances, or germs, you may develop an occupational disease. Common job-related illnesses include lung diseases, chemical poisoning, and hearing loss. Certain pre-existing conditions, such as asthma, may also qualify for workers’ comp if your job aggravates the condition.

What should I do if I get injured at work?

The first thing you should do if you get hurt or sick at work is report it to your employer. Then, you should schedule an appointment at Calvary Urgent Care. As certified workers’ compensation providers, they offer timely treatment and help determine when it’s safe for you to return to work. 

How are worker’s compensation injuries and illnesses treated?

First, your Calvary Urgent Care physician carefully evaluates your condition and asks you to describe how your illness or injury occurred. They may take tests, such as a blood test or X-ray, to accurately diagnose your condition. 

Then, they develop an individualized treatment plan so you can return to work or your normal routine safely. 

For a certified workers’ compensation provider, call Calvary Urgent Care or book an appointment online today.